Complementary and Alternative Medicine Quiz
Ten questions to test your smarts
The following complementary and alternative medicine quiz from the Mayo Clinic was eye-opening. If you like, test your knowledge in the following quick quiz. The Health Hound hopes you learn something new about this type of medicine.
- The most commonly used alternative and complementary therapy in the United States is:
c) herbal supplements
d) chiropractic care
- The percentage of American adults who use some form of complementary or alternative medicine is:
- Women are more likely to use complementary therapies than men are:
- The most common condition for which people turn to complementary and alternative medicine is:
c) back pain
d) common cold
- The most common reason people give for using a complementary or alternative therapy is:
a) thought it would be interesting to try
b) wanted to try something in addition to conventional treatments
c) thought conventional treatments wouldn't help
d) their doctor suggested it
- Approximately how much money is spent yearly on complementary and alternative therapies?
a) $36 million to $47 million
b) $360 million to $470 million
c) $3.6 billion to $4.7 billion
d) $36 billion to $47 billion
- Some forms of complementary and alternative medicine have been practiced for more than 1,000 years.
- "Integrative medicine" refers to:
a) healing of mind, body and spirit
b) whole-body treatment vs. symptoms-based care
c) combining complementary and alternative therapies with conventional medicine
d) all of the above
- Diet and exercise are the foundation of optimal health:
- Studies don't support a correlation between mental and physical health:
How'd you do? For answers,
follow this link:
or, head over to Home from Quiz page...